Sunday, September 10, 2023

My Preferred News Sources

National/World News: NBC News

For national and world news, I prefer NBC News. I follow NBC News on social media networks and use the NBC News app. I like NBC News, because its stories are varied and relevant. NBC appears to be relatively balanced in terms of political views, although the network does tend to lean left. The 'breaking news' alerts from the NBC app and social media channels are infrequent but useful.

nbcnews.com


Local News: FOX 8 WGHP

For local news regarding the Piedmont-Triad and North Carolina as a whole, I prefer FOX 8. FOX 8's stories cover a wide variety of issues and happenings, as well as local weather. I feel that most local news channels in the area, including FOX 8, are more unbiased than national news networks, and the stories often impact my daily life more than national news stories.

myfox8.com


Weather: Weather.com

When I need accurate and immediate information about local weather, I typically visit Weather.com. Because of its national status, I trust the forecasts and information from Weather.com, and I appreciate its variety of formats to see current weather information.

weather.com


Sports: ESPN

For sports news, I almost always use ESPN's website or mobile app. ESPN covers every major sport that I am a fan of, and has team-specific news for my favorite teams. While I don't browse ESPN as much as I do other news sources, I get regular ESPN app alerts for game scores and news, that keep me updated on everything happening in major sports leagues.

espn.com


Technology & Politics: Twitter/X

When I'm looking for news regarding technology or US politics, I check Twitter/X. Twitter does not send me 'breaking news' alerts, but features a trending/top stories page, which makes it easy to follow subjects that interest me. I enjoy Twitter's personalization features, which allow me to follow specific individuals that I trust for news. While technology news isn't a very polarizing subject, I am wary of political news found on Twitter, because stories could be partially or wholly untrue.

twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving On: How Do I View Technology?

https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2023/02/24/the-future-of-human-agency/ While enrolled in COM 1450-02 this semester, my understanding an...